Big Ant Studios

Full Version: Why is the PC version delayed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(09-08-2015, 11:03 PM)Ross Wrote: [ -> ]It's all about piracy. If the game gets pirated on PC then it will KILL console sales.

Rockstar etc. all do it. Too risky to do a day and date simultaneous release.

You are the expert so I will take your word for it but to the average consumer that statement makes no sense since they are two independent platforms. Further more many big name companies in fact do not do separated releases for console and PC, EA (On pretty much all of their catalogue), Konami, WB Studios, in fact I would wager that more companies release simultaneously then they would in delaying a specific platform.
(09-08-2015, 11:03 PM)Ross Wrote: [ -> ]It's all about piracy. If the game gets pirated on PC then it will KILL console sales.

Howcome WatchDogs didn't do it?
(09-08-2015, 11:11 PM)StevoIRL Wrote: [ -> ]

You are the expert so I will take your word for it but to the average consumer that statement makes no sense since they are two independent platforms. Further more many big name companies in fact do not do separated releases for console and PC, EA (On pretty much all of their catalogue), Konami, WB Studios, in fact I would wager that more companies release simultaneously then they would in delaying a specific platform.
The companies you listed can afford to have pirates run wild while also turning a profit with PC sales. They probably include it in their business forecasting in the same way Woolworths expect shoplifting to occur in their store
However you would have to think with a business as small as Tru Blu that they run a legitimate risk of losing money from PC sales. Which is why their capitalising now on selling on consoles so they have money to fall back on when the PC version releases

Although I am just a random guy on the internet so I could be wrong
PC's are shit so are xbox ones and ps4's. Wii is the way to go.

The biggest game of all time, GTA V, had a year between Console and PC release. We all develop on PC in the first place so it's nothing to do with being ready, it's piracy.

It would be cheaper marketing wise to do a simultaneous release and for us I love the way we can iterate on Steam to test patches before submitting for Console approval (which is really expensive to screw up).

There's no conspiracy theories to be had on this one.

(09-08-2015, 11:15 PM)Yuna Wrote: [ -> ]

Howcome WatchDogs didn't do it?

I don't think you want to be entering any debate on piracy. Why did GTA V release a year later? (You don't need to answer...)
BA could release the game on pirate websites themselves. But release a build that every time you pass the ball Wendell Sailor intercepts the ball and scores.

(09-08-2015, 11:17 PM)Grizzly Yeti Wrote: [ -> ]PC's are shit so are xbox ones and ps4's. Wii is the way to go.

Apart from Pc being shit. I 100% agree with you. Bought a Wii U no regrets.

Yes I know ur joking (I hope)
(09-08-2015, 11:17 PM)Ross Wrote: [ -> ]

The biggest game of all time, GTA V, had a year between Console and PC release.

That's one game versus countless others. I still think it's a poor argument for the regular consumer especially given that FanHub is only available on PC to begin, bit of a slap in the face.
(09-08-2015, 11:23 PM)StevoIRL Wrote: [ -> ]That's one game versus countless others. I still think it's a poor argument for the regular consumer especially given that FanHub is only available on PC to begin, bit of a slap in the face.

Historically there are more games by volume with split dates than simultaneous release.

I would agree with your statement except we have been really upfront that there would be a delay and also did the same with DBC.

If it were not for piracy then I would be adamantly pushing for a simultaneous release.

On a side note, Xbox360 has died early because of piracy, many stores will not be selling any NEW Xbox360 games post Christmas this year.
(09-08-2015, 11:26 PM)Ross Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-08-2015, 11:23 PM)StevoIRL Wrote: [ -> ]That's one game versus countless others. I still think it's a poor argument for the regular consumer especially given that FanHub is only available on PC to begin, bit of a slap in the face.

Historically there are more games by volume with split dates than simultaneous release.

I would agree with your statement except we have been really upfront that there would be a delay and also did the same with DBC.

If it were not for piracy then I would be adamantly pushing for a simultaneous release.

On a side note, Xbox360 has died early because of piracy, many stores will not be selling Xbox360 games post Christmas this year.

Fair enough, look I really like BA games and will end up buying twice due to this, but god is it a lot of effort to get my hands on the game.
(09-08-2015, 11:27 PM)StevoIRL Wrote: [ -> ]Fair enough, look I really like BA games and will end up buying twice due to this, but god is it a lot of effort to get my hands on the game.

Thanks for the support, we really appreciate it - I am trying behind the scenes to convince Tru Blu for as short a delay as is possible. This will come down to our anti-piracy measures which I think are pretty tight.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12