Big Ant Studios

Full Version: RLL3 (Big Ant Studios) v NRL 16 (EA Sports)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
It's extremely good what they have done with their budget.

I found the eels side to be very good models.
roostersrule, serious question. If you hate the job BA do, if youre basically not going to even bother buying it, why the fuck are you even here?
FanHub is right there if you don't like the likenesses?
He's either on serious drugs or has an entire roosters squad from a previous version of the HUB saved because the likenesses are great.
(08-16-2015, 04:25 PM)roostersule2 Wrote: [ -> ]It's just lazy developing, regardless of what spin you put on it.

It isn't lazy developing, it's technically outsourcing. Obviously they knew that putting the time, effort, and money into recreating player likenesses wasn't optimal and so they chose to let the fanbase do it. If they don't have to focus as much on that then they can pay attention to other areas with more efficiency.

Plus the fanhub allows the fans to update the players as time goes by, so players can theoretically always be up to date.

(08-16-2015, 06:14 PM)Swiftestblade Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2015, 04:25 PM)roostersule2 Wrote: [ -> ]It's just lazy developing, regardless of what spin you put on it.

It isn't lazy developing, it's technically outsourcing. Obviously they knew that putting the time, effort, and money into recreating player likenesses wasn't optimal and so they chose to let the fanbase do it. If they don't have to focus as much on that then they can pay attention to other areas with more efficiency.

Plus the fanhub allows the fans to update the players as time goes by, so players can theoretically always be up to date.

The FanHub has also given fans a taste of the game months before release. Great idea by the Developers.
The likenesses are terrible in your opinion, the fact that many others don't share your view means that people can easily dispute that.

The FanHub is a great idea... It was created so players could add to / edit the game to their liking.
The fanhub is an evolved dbc academy designed to combat unlicensed content from DBC. Might as well Chuck it in the league title to promote creativity
The likenesses are debatable, some will like them some will not.

What is being *ignored* by the very short sighted is that this is a licensed product and we could have taken the option of making a "snapshot" of the players in time, as we did with RLL2, and then the game would age quickly and require paid updates. It was a huge push to convince the parties involved to allow us to have the FanHub included so that the game could be kept up to date, or indeed have teams of yesteryear, and have that all shareable.

If a player grows a beard or shaves, changes hair style/colour, the game is "old" immediately.

In time there will be many here that make fantastic replicas of their heroes because they know them better than anyone, they see them week in, week out.

Laziness has nothing to do with it - stupid, moronic view - it is way harder to implement what we have done with the FanHub. It is a world class player editor that is perhaps second to none, I only say perhaps because I don't know of a better one but one may exist that I have not seen.
Amen to that... was giving UFC a bash the other day and wish it had the level of customization that the FanHub has.

The players we make (especially our own), will blend seamlessly into the game. The FanHub has some tweaking and growing to do, but it's the best I've played with. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14