Big Ant Studios

Full Version: RLL3 (Big Ant Studios) v NRL 16 (EA Sports)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Like a said in another thread the some 20s players are acurrute
(08-16-2015, 01:12 PM)FissionMailed Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2015, 12:47 PM)FiddleDiddle Wrote: [ -> ]Well I'd probably be buying NRL 16 as EA are likely to produce the better product.

What are you basing this on? FIFA? Take a look at how long it took them to get to the level they are with 15, take a look at the money poured into it, then compare it to how much money they would likely put into an NRL game doesn't compare.

It would take at least 3 (probably more) iterations to get something good out of EA, look at there last 2 NBA efforts and that's counting the one that got cancelled last minute because by even EAs standards it wasn't good enough.

What an outrageous thing to say.

It's not like it's even a chance of happening anyway.

Settle down. Likely was the statement, so consider that a 60-80% chance of producing a better product than bigant.

Yes EA has had some bad products but let's face it they are still more likely to produce a better game. Rugby League games aren't really that great gameplay or graphics wise. It's not like the bar has been set too high to reach.

The Rugby League games always have terrible ratings. EA Rugby games achieved some respectable ratings. On IGN floating around 8/10 on average. League games sit around 5 or 6/10 and rightly so.
Like he said it will take them 3-4 games ot get it right whereas big ant are already on the up.
(08-14-2015, 11:04 PM)SOR Wrote: [ -> ]To be fair to EA they've made some absolutely phenomenal games. I don't understand the hate.

FIFA, NBA and NFL are all games I've enjoyed in the past. Used to love The Sims back in the day when I was a youngster and that was EA I believe. They had a decent MMA game a few years back as well.

It's not hate mate... it's just some of us have experience with the sports games they've made that don't have a market size of 100 million plus consumers and they generally are piss poor.

(08-15-2015, 11:34 AM)SOR Wrote: [ -> ]It's very easy from the outside looking in to say "Throw them 2 million" but why should they unless they're seeing a return of 2 million plus an amount to make it worth it for them?

Inb4 "The NRL should give Big Ant 2 million because it's good exposure for them".

I'd argue they should consider it an extension of their advertising budget that would yield some returns. Provide licensing and player access for free (obviously) and help ensure video games representing the sport are attractive for even non fans.
(08-17-2015, 01:54 PM)FiddleDiddle Wrote: [ -> ]The Rugby League games always have terrible ratings. EA Rugby games achieved some respectable ratings. On IGN floating around 8/10 on average. League games sit around 5 or 6/10 and rightly so.

Just saying but you could have used a better review site as an example. IGN is pretty well known for giving terrible reviews and it's widely believed that they are paid for a lot of their reviews.

Like for instance they gave one of the most well received games of 2014, Alien: Isolation a 6.8 but I don't think they have ever given a Call of Duty below an 8; not even Ghosts.
(08-17-2015, 01:54 PM)FiddleDiddle Wrote: [ -> ]Yes EA has had some bad products but let's face it they are still more likely to produce a better game. Rugby League games aren't really that great gameplay or graphics wise. It's not like the bar has been set too high to reach.

The Rugby League games always have terrible ratings. EA Rugby games achieved some respectable ratings. On IGN floating around 8/10 on average. League games sit around 5 or 6/10 and rightly so.

[Image: rmdSx.gif]
(08-17-2015, 01:54 PM)FiddleDiddle Wrote: [ -> ]Yes EA has had some bad products but let's face it they are still more likely to produce a better game. Rugby League games aren't really that great gameplay or graphics wise. It's not like the bar has been set too high to reach.

The Union market is substantially bigger than the League market, but their games didn't actually out-rate league games in many local games mags.

Worse still, when these generally pretty half hearted attempts failed to yield big returns in Union, they stopped making them altogether.

So what makes you think they'd invest as much in a League game as they did in their already pretty ordinary union games?

No one doubts that EA have the resources to make a better game, we're simply pointing out that they would never use those resources to the extent necessary to achieve that.
(08-17-2015, 02:46 PM)sanzar Wrote: [ -> ]So what makes you think they'd invest as much in a League game as they did in their already pretty ordinary union games?

Whilst I understand it's easy to shoot down their rugby games they were still lightyears ahead of league games. But if we label EA's rugby games as "ordinary" then all our league games this last 10 years are easily "pathetic".

As for how they invest, can't answer that. That's down to how well they handle their resources and what they'd be willing to commit.

(08-17-2015, 02:44 PM)FissionMailed Wrote: [ -> ][Image: rmdSx.gif]

Pointless.

(08-17-2015, 02:38 PM)Swiftestblade Wrote: [ -> ]Just saying but you could have used a better review site as an example. IGN is pretty well known for giving terrible reviews and it's widely believed that they are paid for a lot of their reviews.

You can find any review you don't agree with anywhere. No point shooting down the site because you disagree with some of the reviews or believe in rumours. I take it your issue isn't how poor the league games rate compared to the union ones there, if not I don't see your point.
Don Bradman Cricket in its current form smashes any Union game made by EA
Yeah, but EA wouldn't put FIFA money into a hypothetical league game, haven't we already established this?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14