Big Ant Studios

Full Version: FanHub Suggestions for Big Ant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Would a fantastic addition being able to add a Perth based team or another QLD or NZ team. If it's not possible to add in now definitely something to look at in rll4
The League Creation in the FanHub isn't necessarily what you guys are assuming it is, basically the League Creation that is in the FanHub allows you to edit the Leagues, mainly for the function of Career mode.

We have a deeper customisable Competition mode outside of the FanHub that will allow you to go more in-depth with the sort of stuff you guys are expecting, like rule changes, different team numbers, trophy selections, etc.

(08-05-2015, 09:12 AM)blase Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Ross,

When you edit a player in fanhub the height and weight is locked. I know editing players' height is not really an issue but players can go through transformations in weight gain/loss or increased muscle and would be great to have some control over this. I think access to height sliders are good though too as part of the sliders is to distribute leg and torso length and making these changes to some players would be good too.

Also in terms of height I notice when you increase/decrease neck height it makes no impact on player overall height. As you make changes to neck height is the rest of the player scaled (up or down) so that the height remains the same?

Sorry I know these Qs are minor things but good to know for those who like the little details.
We decided to lock those two areas for Official players as they are 'Official likenesses'. If those two ranges change drastically we can change them ourselves.

We wanted to make sure that if people were uploading the Official versions, that the integrity of those players height and weight was in tact.

If you wish to change those variables you can create a custom player likeness and adjust what you see fit if you wish to.

But it was mainly done to keep in tact the integrity of the official players that we have.
(08-05-2015, 07:02 PM)HBK619 Wrote: [ -> ]The League Creation in the FanHub isn't necessarily what you guys are assuming it is, basically the League Creation that is in the FanHub allows you to edit the Leagues, mainly for the function of Career mode.

We have a deeper customisable Competition mode outside of the FanHub that will allow you to go more in-depth with the sort of stuff you guys are expecting, like rule changes, different team numbers, trophy selections, etc.

Ah, I see. These more deeply customisable competitions are only single seasons though I assume?

Franchise/Career mode will still be limited to 16 teams?
(08-05-2015, 07:02 PM)HBK619 Wrote: [ -> ]The League Creation in the FanHub isn't necessarily what you guys are assuming it is, basically the League Creation that is in the FanHub allows you to edit the Leagues, mainly for the function of Career mode.

Sweet, thanks for explaining that. Smile

(08-05-2015, 09:12 AM)blase Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Ross,

When you edit a player in fanhub the height and weight is locked. I know editing players' height is not really an issue but players can go through transformations in weight gain/loss or increased muscle and would be great to have some control over this. I think access to height sliders are good though too as part of the sliders is to distribute leg and torso length and making these changes to some players would be good too.

Also in terms of height I notice when you increase/decrease neck height it makes no impact on player overall height. As you make changes to neck height is the rest of the player scaled (up or down) so that the height remains the same?

Sorry I know these Qs are minor things but good to know for those who like the little details.
We decided to lock those two areas for Official players as they are 'Official likenesses'. If those two ranges change drastically we can change them ourselves.

We wanted to make sure that if people were uploading the Official versions, that the integrity of those players height and weight was in tact.

If you wish to change those variables you can create a custom player likeness and adjust what you see fit if you wish to.

But it was mainly done to keep in tact the integrity of the official players that we have.

Thanks HBK619, appreciate you taking the time to explain this. I thinks it's a huge positive the way this game is allowing for customisation. I have some thoughts. It's not at all having a whinge. More a sales pitch Big Grin

I do still think it's better for the user to have those aspects (I'm more pushing for weight since it deals with body shape/muscle) unlocked. If a user decides to adjusts the weight of a player then it only impacts their game. If they upload it then it's up to others to decide if they like what they see and then choose to download or not. Your official versions are only official until someone edits it in any way.
If it's about maintaining integrity of the official likeness then what about locking hair colour, head size etc? Here's the official likeness of Uate with a one click change:
[Image: Uate.jpg]

Now no-one's going to use that but the point is if that's free to do why not allow as much freedom as possible? The idea of simply recreating someone from scratch works but seems like a lot of work to type up player name and all the other details just to make some body adjustments.

There may be other factors that limit this like weight linking in some way to player's overall strength/speed but short of that I think it would be great to see as much customisation as possible for the player.

Thanks again
Just wondering if it's Possible to change players Postitions in the Fanhub? Cause Jamie Soward has all 3 positions as 5/8. He can also play Halfback. There are plenty other players whose 2nd or 3rd positions arent avaliable. Thanks
Was wondering the same thing. I really hope so.
Will positions matter in rll3 like if u put a prop at centre or halfback will it effect his game theh do what rugby 08 done it would efect there preformance huge!! They wud drop the ball heaps silly passes etc
I appreciate that HBK has been on here explaining things. I know you said there were more options outside the fanhub. Without knowing what those things are it would be great to see:

Allow up to 30 teams in a competition

Choice of comp format; Knock Out, Groups (A,B,C,D) choice of how many teams per group, Season with no Finals.

Select the number of teams to play in finals from 2 to 16.

Select the finals format; 1st vs 4th then the old format 1st vs 8th. Expand it out for 16 team finals.

Allow finals matches to have a different playing time; your season games maybe 10 minutes but you could play 15, 20 or 30 minute finals.

Adjust severity of injuries and suspensions.

Rule adjustments; 40/20 on or off, Number of interchanges from 6 to unlimited, 7 tackle set from a the ball getting kicked dead in goal, shoulder charge enabled/disabled, Video ref on/off, 1 or 2 ref's, sin bin 5/10 minutes.
Headshots only.....wait wrong game
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9