Big Ant Studios

Full Version: State Of Origin 3 Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
(07-05-2015, 11:39 PM)SOR Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2015, 11:33 PM)Yuna Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe Smith couldn't find time to reach out to Alex because he was too busy raising funds for him?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/ca...6993990041

Yeah, that's the jersey that was autographed and auctioned off with all proceeds going to Alex.

The whole Rugby League community is absolutely shitting on Cameron Smith right now. Meanwhile STGeorgeDragons on this message board sits back and says it'll have no effect on Smith or Smith's family. Right...

Wow, you speak about Alex McKinnon strategically marketing this interview to earn more money for his book proceeds yet you make accusations that I said it will have no effect on Smith and his family to make me look like the bad guy. Where did I say that? Maybe the solution for Smith and his family is to take a page out of the McKinnon family's book and push through it. This will all blow over in a month and Smith will be just fine. At the end of the day, Jordan Mclean who is a young bloke that just started playing full time footy at the time was able to make contact with Alex within 2 months yet the Australian captain 'tried' to with no success. If Cam Smith had any common sense he would of gone to the ends of the earth to contact him directly explaining that his comments were in the heat of the moment and that he was sorry for the comments but at the time he didn't know the severity of the injury. If this had happened, Cam Smiths name would not have been mentioned in the interview or the book.

Also, hearing that it costs $100k per month in medical bills, Alex should not hesitate to do what he thinks is right for his future. Even with his fiancee apparently 'earning an income' like someone said on this thread earlier (which she doesn't because she is Alex's full time carer) there is no way $1.2 million per year can be made until he is better. The only way to do it is if the league pays for it. If they aren't willing to pay the money it will go to court. As the greatest mind in rugby league said in that interview "It was not an accident. It was an illegal tackle".
(07-06-2015, 12:24 AM)Ross Wrote: [ -> ]Note Smith is arguing with the Ref, it's just something he does Smile

Like any good captain. And he does have a point, McKinnon went in for a shoulder charge
(07-06-2015, 12:29 AM)stdragons Wrote: [ -> ](which she doesn't because she is Alex's full time carer)
Full time carers get money from centrelink

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer...for-carers

That's income :p

(07-06-2015, 12:29 AM)stdragons Wrote: [ -> ]As the greatest mind in rugby league said in that interview "It was not an accident. It was an illegal tackle".

Yeh that got me thinking too, can't it be illegal and accident at the same time?
I think the bottom line is that everyone wants him looked after, no question.

It is distasteful that he's come after Smith.
(07-06-2015, 12:43 AM)Ross Wrote: [ -> ]It is distasteful that he's come after Smith.

I concur
I actually just rewatched the tackle and came to find out that Cameron Smith wasn't even in the tackle. I had always thought he had been second or third man in.

McKinnon and the rest of the country wants Smith to apologize simply for questioning the referee in a respectful manner? I could see it being seen as perhaps the wrong thing to do in retrospect but Smith definitely shouldn't have to apologize simply for trying to get the referee to change his mind on a decision.

That would be like if Jared Warea Hargreaves smashed someone in the face with a swinging arm and put them in hospital and having Mitchell Pearce and Jake Friend make a public apology. Doesn't make any sense...
Hold on a second.

I thought the ACA interview was the first time Alex saw the tackle? How could he have written an entire chapter in his new book about the incident if he only saw it a few weeks ago when ACA did the interview?

Uh oh...Have we caught Alex in a lie? Was he simply playing it up for the cameras? But...how? Alex is a good guy right? He wouldn't create an acting performance for ACA just to sell some books would he? Surely not...
(07-06-2015, 10:39 AM)SOR Wrote: [ -> ]Hold on a second.

I thought the ACA interview was the first time Alex saw the tackle? How could he have written an entire chapter in his new book about the incident if he only saw it a few weeks ago when ACA did the interview?

Uh oh...Have we caught Alex in a lie? Was he simply playing it up for the cameras? But...how? Alex is a good guy right? He wouldn't create an acting performance for ACA just to sell some books would he? Surely not...

Maybe the interview was done BEFORE he wrote that chapter??

Meaning this interview was done ages ago so they purposely waited till Origin period to broadcast. More QLD conspiracy Smile
I figure the book was probably completed about 6 months ago or so. You need to have a couple of reads and let the lawyers look through it.

More likely that McKinnon was told to act like that by either ACA or his book publicist to sell some copies.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35