Big Ant Studios

Full Version: State Of Origin 3 Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
(07-05-2015, 10:26 PM)Yuna Wrote: [ -> ]Turn on ur telly now, it will show after commercial

Well thats that. I turned it off since I cbf watching the rest of it, the McKinnon family is delusional thinking Smith should apologise to them

After the jokes earlier, I find this absolutely appalling from you.

It was very obvious that Liz Hayes directed the conversation so that they would make him say something somewhat negative about Cam Smith. He barely said anything at all! Hardly "slamming Cam Smith".

I used to respect your comments, but you must be delusional from what you just said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

To clarify. Fuck the media, this show was unbelievably poor tonight. Surely you guys can see that Liz set it up for Alex to be angry. However, he really didn't rage.

SOR, a media student such as yourself would surely pick up on this...
(07-05-2015, 10:41 PM)Yuna Wrote: [ -> ]Conspiracy to bring down QLD, thats for sure.

Wow, you must be pretty sure the Maroons are going to tank if you are this desperate to pre-establish an excuse for losing.

The idea that a huge media corporation would try to influence the outcome of the State of Origin is ridiculous. Especially when that corporation operates in both NSW and Queensland.

The idea that a media corporation that is about to begin negotiations to retain the NRL broadcasting rights would put that at risk to try to tamper with the State of Origin is just plain insanity.
I can imagine him being shocked to be honest. It wasn't cool of Alex to do that on TV and was completely uncalled for.

Not many are going to go against the guy who can't walk either and defend the millionaire football star.

(07-05-2015, 10:59 PM)Whitey Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2015, 10:26 PM)Yuna Wrote: [ -> ]Turn on ur telly now, it will show after commercial

Well thats that. I turned it off since I cbf watching the rest of it, the McKinnon family is delusional thinking Smith should apologise to them

After the jokes earlier, I find this absolutely appalling from you.

It was very obvious that Liz Hayes directed the conversation so that they would make him say something somewhat negative about Cam Smith. He barely said anything at all! Hardly "slamming Cam Smith".

I used to respect your comments, but you must be delusional from what you just said.

Did we watch the same television piece?

- They watched the video of what happened. Alex saw Cameron Smith talking to the referee and said "That's fucking ridiculous" before we cut to Liz Hayes talking over the top saying "Cameron did all of this whilst Alex lay there paralyzed on the field". Of course no mention that Cameron didn't know that Alex was paralyzed or anything like that. Just making him look like the villain

- Then McKinnon was asked if he held any ill will towards Jordan McClean. McKinnon said no. He was asked about Cameron Smith and McKinnon goes into a tirade about "That's the Australian captain right there" and how Smith never called or tried to contact him or anything like that.

- We then cut to the parents who say they'll never forgive Smith for what they did to his son (Despite Smith not even being the main perpetrator).

- We then get a half hearted attempt by Wayne Bennett to say Cameron Smith is a good guy.

---

Smith's contributions to Alex in any capacity were all ignored. Smith's jersey from the Rise For Alex round was autographed and sold with all proceeds going to Alex McKinnon. Smith chose to wore the number 16 jersey to pay tribute, his team contributed 20,000 dollars for McKinnon.

It just doesn't sit right with me. Not fond of Smith at all but to throw all this blame on him is absolutely ridiculous.
(07-05-2015, 10:59 PM)Whitey Wrote: [ -> ]I used to respect your comments, but you must be delusional from what you just said.

I apologise to you sir but I still stand by what I written and I'm sure alot of people agree with me that Alex did infact made the tackle worse himself.

Maybe the the show did got you emotionally attached which probably proves my point even more.
They made it out to sound like Smith was arguing the whole time. Which is completely wrong.
(07-05-2015, 11:05 PM)HomerHatesYou Wrote: [ -> ]They made it out to sound like Smith was arguing the whole time. Which is completely wrong.

^^this, Smith kept his mouth shut during the time when he was being treated then talked to the refs when he was allowed to.

Alex on the show said "is he still arguing after all this time? That's fucking ridiculous"

Smith talking to the ref 8mins after the tackle is because it took 8mins to get Alex off the field.
(07-05-2015, 10:59 PM)Whitey Wrote: [ -> ]

SOR, a media student such as yourself would surely pick up on this...

Liz (Or the ACA producers) got what they wanted from it. They have a story for the newspapers tomorrow in which ACA will be mentioned over and over again with clips shown. McKinnon got what he wanted out of it which is publicity for his book which not a lot of people knew about until recent times and the only person made to look bad is Smith and to a lesser extent the NRL.

Most media personalities/platforms are scumbags though. I'm not afraid to admit that. In my class we're taught to be deliberately vague to try and scare/upset people and we're taught to say or do anything to get reactions out of people in hopes that they'll slip up and say something that they don't mean. Then of course we can twist their words around to match our/our newspapers agenda.

ACA definitely would have loved Alex McKinnon shouting about how Cameron Smith is a piece of shit and how he hates him. Maybe some tears as well. Media are animals.
Good on Gallen for defending smith.... wait what Gallen? really?

Paul Gallen ‏@PaulGallenFacts 50m50 minutes ago
No way in hell @camsmith9 should be crucified for what happened that night. #rise4alex #60mins
(07-05-2015, 11:18 PM)Yuna Wrote: [ -> ]Good on Gallen for defending smith.... wait what Gallen? really?

Paul Gallen ‏@PaulGallenFacts 50m50 minutes ago
No way in hell @camsmith9 should be crucified for what happened that night. #rise4alex #60mins

You won't hear me say this often but that's a class act from Paul Gallen
PR Stunt from Gal, but kudos to him tho :p
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35