Big Ant Studios

Full Version: State Of Origin 3 Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
(07-05-2015, 01:29 PM)pure_brad Wrote: [ -> ]Sisa Waqa was lucky enough to be alright after this incident. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kZR6U-38Jzg Sutton as you can see towards end of the video is defending Farrell as any Captain would in that situation even without him knowing what injury Sisa has obtained. I have nothing wrong with what Sutton did here and what Cam did with the McKinnon situation.

Why was that even a penalty let alone placed on report? You're allowed to tackle players mid air if they are they are the attacking team.

Farrel wasn't even trying to tackle him and was just bracing himself so he doesn't get kneed in the head

Waqa should've been the put on report for trying break Farrells jaw with his knee Smile
Yep not the point I was talking about dont worry Smile
(07-05-2015, 01:37 PM)pure_brad Wrote: [ -> ]Yep not the point I was talking about dont worry Smile

Yeh I knew what your point was and it was a good one too, but I was just curious on why it was a penalty Big Grin
(07-05-2015, 01:39 PM)Yuna Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-05-2015, 01:37 PM)pure_brad Wrote: [ -> ]Yep not the point I was talking about dont worry Smile

Yeh I knew what your point was but I was just curious on why it was a penalty Big Grin

Algoods Smile
Yes McKinnon shouldn't have tucked his head a poor choice but he obviously thought he was going to flip over, but on the other hand, the storm bloke shouldn't have reached between the legs and lifted.
(07-05-2015, 01:39 PM)Yuna Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeh I knew what your point was but I was just curious on why it was a penalty Big Grin

It was a penalty cause he was put in a dangerous position I do believe. And to Pure Brads point, how is that any different to the Cam Smith/Alex McKinnon incident. Yet nobody is complaining about John Sutton or James Graham from the Adam Reynolds injury
(07-05-2015, 01:46 PM)HomerHatesYou Wrote: [ -> ]It was a penalty cause he was put in a dangerous position I do believe. And to Pure Brads point, how is that any different to the Cam Smith/Alex McKinnon incident. Yet nobody is complaining about John Sutton or James Graham from the Adam Reynolds injury

Yeh but what if that ball landed in goal, how are you suppose to stop a try from that?

and I agree with the captains comment

So I just think its a deliberate ploy from NSW to put Smith and the QLders off their game. Using quadriplegic to bring down your opponent emotionally to gain an advantage, That is LOW

And its such a coincidence that McKinnon decides to visit NSW in training then have his interview broadcast tonight slamming their opposition captain

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/state...i54w2.html
I'm not fond of Cameron Smith at all but it does look like McKinnon ducked his head and to be honest I'm not particularly fond of McKinnon after he threatened to sue the NRL despite all the good they did for him. Now he's lashing out at a player and dragging his name through the media so we get another sympathy story for McKinnon and a way to promote his book after he'd been out of the headlines for awhile.

Feel terrible for what happened to him and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy but playing the blame game and throwing people under the bus "I haven't heard from Smith since" isn't cool at all.

As for Smith's reaction. I think it was in poor form but I think you can put it down to Smith being in the heat of the moment and being passionate rather than any ill will towards McKinnon. I'm sure Smith feels terrible about what happened to Alex and if he doesn't he's a pretty shitty person.

Coming from a NSW fan. McKinnon is out of line.
I think people should read the wide world of sports article of Melbourne Defend Cameron Smith. I would post a link but I have no idea how. Smith wanted to go see him in hospital but was refused.
(07-05-2015, 02:32 PM)HomerHatesYou Wrote: [ -> ]I think people should read the wide world of sports article of Melbourne Defend Cameron Smith. I would post a link but I have no idea how. Smith wanted to go see him in hospital but was refused.

You mean this? https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/conten..._medi.html

I posted this a few pages back

And it looks like tonights 60mins will be truly one sided
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35