Big Ant Studios

Full Version: AFL Live 3 Twitter leak: Wicked Witch are the developers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(08-14-2015, 05:11 PM)the_one_1 Wrote: [ -> ]I seriously think you should do research also... I have seen this for a little news and even before seeing this I knew it anyway.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ea...476/page-2

A person actually working from wicked witch is posting on this thread and is saying that the upgrade of engine to allow next gen graphics (ps4 & xbox1) has seen some amazing stuff come through. They are excited to have such an engine and can't wait to see the final result they can make using it (with rugby challenge 3 now and eventually AFL Live 3)

An upgrade in graphics doesn't mean much if the gameplay will be bad. Clearly Wicked Witch do not understand what it takes to make deep and fun gameplay. Big Ant do.

(08-15-2015, 12:07 AM)Ross Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2015, 08:26 AM)the_one_1 Wrote: [ -> ]Or maybe they thought it was time to try something new for a change. You said that they made a number of crap AFL games. I said they were mobile games. Their first console game was the wii version which they ported onto next gen at the time so they have a backbone for the rest of the series. Is it too hard to handle that wicked witch just want to try something new.

The Wii game was a port of the mobile game, the PS3 etc was a port of the Wii game.

How is any of that trying "something new"?

PS: Not to mention copying our Academy but I'll take that imitation as flattery :p

Yup, Wicked Witch are just rehashing the same game engine over and over again Tongue
And the fact he said their engine guys are excited to be working with Sidhe's tech and are doing great things with it is such a cop out.
(08-15-2015, 12:07 AM)Ross Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2015, 08:26 AM)the_one_1 Wrote: [ -> ]Or maybe they thought it was time to try something new for a change. You said that they made a number of crap AFL games. I said they were mobile games. Their first console game was the wii version which they ported onto next gen at the time so they have a backbone for the rest of the series. Is it too hard to handle that wicked witch just want to try something new.

The Wii game was a port of the mobile game, the PS3 etc was a port of the Wii game.

How is any of that trying "something new"?

PS: Not to mention copying our Academy but I'll take that imitation as flattery :p

They ported the wii version to ps3/xbox360. Given they didn't make games on proper consoles :p they created a backbone for the upcoming games. They tried something new from a base copy (AFL Wii). AFL Live 2 was AFL Wii as it was their own project now they are making their own project better. I seriously hope someone understands what I mean, there's bound to be someone who does.

Also I don't think they are using the same game engine as AFL Live 2, it would obviously be crap if they do. It seems wicked witch are using sidhes engine now while sidhe have moved to mobile games.

Let's just see. I have trust in wicked witch to create an awesome game given a next gen engine. If no real improvement are made, I will be extremely disappointed.
The Engine is not the key, it's the AI and understanding how an AFL game should flow, Sidhe's Engine was for the PS3/Xbox360 in any case not PS4/Xbox One.

The difference between us is the understanding of football - we "get it" and still have AFL clubs as clients that purchase our game analysis on the real game week to week.

I'll give you one of my favourite sayings, I know plenty of people that can play Chess but I don't know anyone that can play Chess.
I get what you're saying mate, just not as confident as you.
(08-15-2015, 11:26 AM)Ross Wrote: [ -> ]The Engine is not the key, it's the AI and understanding how an AFL game should flow, Sidhe's Engine was for the PS3/Xbox360 in any case not PS4/Xbox One.

The difference between us is the understanding of football - we "get it" and still have AFL clubs as clients that purchase our game analysis on the real game week to week.

This is exactly why AFL Live 1 is a much better game than AFL Live 2. When you play AFL Live 2, you get the sense that the developers have never even watched an AFL match in their life. Whereas, when play AFL Live 1 there are so many intricacies and variations in gameplay that are much more than just kicking and marking.
(08-15-2015, 11:26 AM)Ross Wrote: [ -> ]The Engine is not the key, it's the AI and understanding how an AFL game should flow, Sidhe's Engine was for the PS3/Xbox360 in any case not PS4/Xbox One.

I'll give you one of my favourite sayings, I know plenty of people that can play Chess but I don't know anyone that can play Chess.

AI is dependent on code, some game engines have different code types between others even though they are similar. I know some stuff, so don't act like I'm not intelligent.

AFL Live 2 was their first proper console game of cause there will be a heap of inconsistencies.

I'm starting to have enough of all this. I'm seriously getting tired of saying that AFL Live 2 was a pretty good game, you need to think about the time and effort used to create it, and they did a pretty good job. Now they need to build on it.

That's it. I've had enough. Good bye.
(08-15-2015, 11:39 AM)the_one_1 Wrote: [ -> ]

AI is dependent on code, some game engines have different code types between others even though they are similar. I know some stuff, so don't act like I'm not intelligent.

AFL Live 2 was their first proper console game of cause there will be a heap of inconsistencies.

I'm starting to have enough of all this. I'm seriously getting tired of saying that AFL Live 2 was a pretty good game, you need to think about the time and effort used to create it, and they did a pretty good job. Now they need to build on it.

You could have the best engine/tools in the world, but if you do not know how to use it well it will be for naught. Time and effort? It seems like Wicked Witch barely put any of those two aspects into AFL Live 2 (i.e it was just an upscaled port of their Wii game). On the other hand, Big Ant had to create AFL Live 1 from scratch WITHOUT any previous AFL games to their name. Their one attempt at a footy game is way superior to the 4 ATTEMPTS Wicked Witch made. To me, that speaks volumes about Big Ant's talent as a game developer and understanding of AFL as a sport.
(08-15-2015, 11:39 AM)the_one_1 Wrote: [ -> ]

No. Engines may differ but they essentially run on the same code, exactly the same code and the code base between them has little to no effect on the AI.

Anyway, so you're starting to have had enough? Consider those of us that have to listen to your ramblings that ignore the key facts given to you. The Wii game was a port of a mobile game that was then ported to PS3/Xbox360. No engine in the world is going to save you in those circumstances.

Installing a new renderer on top of an existing product does not a new game make. That's why we call the game a "Port".
Please Ross, get Tru Blu to see reason after RLL3 proves to be the best Rugby League game ever... there are some great AFL fans on here that deserve a Big Ant game. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9