Big Ant Studios

Full Version: AFL Live 3 Twitter leak: Wicked Witch are the developers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(08-13-2015, 07:37 PM)AFL Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2015, 01:07 PM)the_one_1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2015, 11:39 AM)DNAngel Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2015, 12:36 AM)the_one_1 Wrote: [ -> ]All I am going to say is. AFL Live 2, to me was an excellent game. Real reason why... It's an AFL game, and am glad they made it. Better than no AFL game at all.

AFL Live 2 was not top in areas, but it was still playable. But now if AFL Live 3 is being made on next gen consoles, given engine and machine upgrades to handle the new powerful graphics and software, I hope that it will be better than AFL Live 2. If being on next gen, I'm 85% sure it will be better. Can only see.

But which AFL game do you prefer? AFL Live 1 or 2? Because AFL Live 2 was several steps backwards from AFL Live 1 (gameplay and graphics). Had Big Ant been allowed to make AFL Live 2 it would be substantially better than Wicked Witch's attempt.

(08-13-2015, 12:36 AM)the_one_1 Wrote: [ -> ]All I am going to say is. AFL Live 2, to me was an excellent game. Real reason why... It's an AFL game, and am glad they made it. Better than no AFL game at all.

AFL Live 2 was not top in areas, but it was still playable. But now if AFL Live 3 is being made on next gen consoles, given engine and machine upgrades to handle the new powerful graphics and software, I hope that it will be better than AFL Live 2. If being on next gen, I'm 85% sure it will be better. Can only see.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very appreciative of the fact that we even got another AFL game. But why give the reins to a lesser studio when you already have Big Ant doing an awesome job? Smile

I enjoyed both AFL Live 1 & 2 for separate reasons all together. Yes Big Ant had the better of the two but still AFL Live 2 had some useful features in it.

I remember AFL Live 1, everyone was fussing with it having no career and no VFL teams etc. I still thought it was alright without the extra teams. Texture could have improved like AFL Live 2 (rougher textures), but that would have happened in time with Big Ant. Then AFL Live 2 came along, I have to admit yes it wasn't top class, but it still had a career mode, the extra teams and thought that with time, the series would get better. Remember AFL Live 1 didn't have the extra teams if Big An did AFL Live 2, it might not have had VFL teams.

Also how about Rugby League Live 1, it was crap but still playable. Then how about Rugby League Live 2... Improved majorly, graphics especially. That was by Big Ant. Let's hope Wicked Witch will do better. Given an update in engine to handle the better graphics and an update in computer hardware to handle the engine to make next gen games, it's 85% possible they will make it better.

I have trust in them to do well... This is the last chance.

Nothing you said has anything to do with the core gameplay, just irrelevant features. I believe RLL1 was their first sports game, so of course its not going to be the best. They came back the next year however with The best AFL game. They would have made it much more in-depth in the most important, it's gameplay, with future AFL titles. Wicked Witch on the other hand had made 3 other AFL games that sucked, before their fourth attempt and couldn't even come close to Big Ants first attempt at making one. I hope I'm wrong, but there's no hope for a decent AFL game with Wicked Witch. I'd love to know how Big Ant were dismissed by Tru Blu in developing them, but that seems classified. :3

Think you completely forgot my point. The game engine on the previous games was not as powerful to create a console game. What they had was engines that could make mobile games. The only first try they had on an engine with a proper console was AFL Wii. Then they saw how AFL games were on console, so tru Blu gave approval to give them to make AFL Live 2 (ported version of wii version) as there are more customers of ps3 and xbox360 consoles. Now, wicked witch should and seem to take as the backbone of their design to continue developing onto AFL Live 3.

Simple.
(08-14-2015, 12:51 AM)the_one_1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2015, 11:39 AM)DNAngel Wrote: [ -> ]

But which AFL game do you prefer? AFL Live 1 or 2? Because AFL Live 2 was several steps backwards from AFL Live 1 (gameplay and graphics). Had Big Ant been allowed to make AFL Live 2 it would be substantially better than Wicked Witch's attempt.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very appreciative of the fact that we even got another AFL game. But why give the reins to a lesser studio when you already have Big Ant doing an awesome job? Smile

I enjoyed both AFL Live 1 & 2 for separate reasons all together. Yes Big Ant had the better of the two but still AFL Live 2 had some useful features in it.

I remember AFL Live 1, everyone was fussing with it having no career and no VFL teams etc. I still thought it was alright without the extra teams. Texture could have improved like AFL Live 2 (rougher textures), but that would have happened in time with Big Ant. Then AFL Live 2 came along, I have to admit yes it wasn't top class, but it still had a career mode, the extra teams and thought that with time, the series would get better. Remember AFL Live 1 didn't have the extra teams if Big An did AFL Live 2, it might not have had VFL teams.

Also how about Rugby League Live 1, it was crap but still playable. Then how about Rugby League Live 2... Improved majorly, graphics especially. That was by Big Ant. Let's hope Wicked Witch will do better. Given an update in engine to handle the better graphics and an update in computer hardware to handle the engine to make next gen games, it's 85% possible they will make it better.

Nothing you said has anything to do with the core gameplay, just irrelevant features. I believe RLL1 was their first sports game, so of course its not going to be the best. They came back the next year however with The best AFL game. They would have made it much more in-depth in the most important, it's gameplay, with future AFL titles. Wicked Witch on the other hand had made 3 other AFL games that sucked, before their fourth attempt and couldn't even come close to Big Ants first attempt at making one. I hope I'm wrong, but there's no hope for a decent AFL game with Wicked Witch. I'd love to know how Big Ant were dismissed by Tru Blu in developing them, but that seems classified. :3

Think you completely forgot my point. The game engine on the previous games was not as powerful to create a console game. What they had was engines that could make mobile games. The only first try they had on an engine with a proper console was AFL Wii. Then they saw how AFL games were on console, so tru Blu gave approval to give them to make AFL Live 2 (ported version of wii version) as there are more customers of ps3 and xbox360 consoles. Now, wicked witch should and seem to take as the backbone of their design to continue developing onto AFL Live 3.

Simple.

Big Ant didn't start with much either... Maybe they should have stuck with making mobile games, even thought they're sub-par.
(08-14-2015, 01:41 AM)AFL Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2015, 12:51 AM)the_one_1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2015, 11:39 AM)DNAngel Wrote: [ -> ]But which AFL game do you prefer? AFL Live 1 or 2? Because AFL Live 2 was several steps backwards from AFL Live 1 (gameplay and graphics). Had Big Ant been allowed to make AFL Live 2 it would be substantially better than Wicked Witch's attempt.

Simple.

Big Ant didn't start with much either... Maybe they should have stuck with making mobile games, even thought they're sub-par.

Or maybe they thought it was time to try something new for a change. You said that they made a number of crap AFL games. I said they were mobile games. Their first console game was the wii version which they ported onto next gen at the time so they have a backbone for the rest of the series. Is it too hard to handle that wicked witch just want to try something new.
The backbone (as you call it) on any game is the actual gameplay. None of WW AFL games have had that, mobile or otherwise. Big Ant had backbone in their first and only attempt. Simple. I really hope the next one is good however I'm not holding out much hope.
Note to all - Please stop the massive quoting for a minor response.
Seeing rugby league live 3 makes me sad that AFL live 3 will pale in comparison to that...

Just so sad.
I seriously think you should do research also... I have seen this for a little news and even before seeing this I knew it anyway.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/ea...476/page-2

A person actually working from wicked witch is posting on this thread and is saying that the upgrade of engine to allow next gen graphics (ps4 & xbox1) has seen some amazing stuff come through. They are excited to have such an engine and can't wait to see the final result they can make using it (with rugby challenge 3 now and eventually AFL Live 3)
There's no chance this game will be as good as RLL3

I'd bet any dollar amount on it.

He's not going to come out and say

"Nah mate game is shit"
Nothing on what gameplay changes are happening, if the guy even truly works for Wicked Witch. Not sure whys hes getting the benefit of the doubt from a developer whose made sub-par AFL games for 6 years running.
(08-14-2015, 08:26 AM)the_one_1 Wrote: [ -> ]Or maybe they thought it was time to try something new for a change. You said that they made a number of crap AFL games. I said they were mobile games. Their first console game was the wii version which they ported onto next gen at the time so they have a backbone for the rest of the series. Is it too hard to handle that wicked witch just want to try something new.

The Wii game was a port of the mobile game, the PS3 etc was a port of the Wii game.

How is any of that trying "something new"?

PS: Not to mention copying our Academy but I'll take that imitation as flattery :p
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9