Big Ant Studios

Full Version: AFL Live 3 Twitter leak: Wicked Witch are the developers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By your logic if a game has a post-release bug, we shouldn't mention it and just expect them to fix it. That isn't how it works.

If you get sub-standard service and just accept it, it isn't going to get better and they'll accept it as the norm. They need to be told what their customers think... good and bad... and aim to improve on that. If most of the feedback is bad, they've really got to lift their game. That, seems normal.

If they don't rise to the challenge, especially when there is someone better waiting in the wings... then they should move aside. Smile
(08-01-2015, 10:10 AM)eatablecookie Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, yes so talking crap about a developer and then expecting a good game. Seems normal.

To be honest I have lost interest in both afl games entirely and are collecting dust.

It's probably because they've given us 4 crappy AFL games.
So... Wicked Witch make crap games. Both look and gameplay...

Look at this then
http://www.trublu.com.au/newsite/infopag...t=rc3press

Given this is coming out on PS4 and Xbox1... I'd expect the game engine to be the same as AFL Live 3.
(08-03-2015, 04:05 PM)the_one_1 Wrote: [ -> ]So... Wicked Witch make crap games. Both look and gameplay...

Look at this then
http://www.trublu.com.au/newsite/infopag...t=rc3press

Given this is coming out on PS4 and Xbox1... I'd expect the game engine to be the same as AFL Live 3.

this isn't bad, but still needs improvements with the graphics (which is a first for WW) but its and exact copy of RLL3 and is due the last quarter this year which probably means its going to be rushed. and if its going to be same engine as AFLL3 then AL3 might actually be ok. Lets hope for the best
Rc3 is an exact copy of rc2, all tech taken from Sidhe and given to WW by tru blu (as owners of said tech). From the screenshots released WW have done very little to anything at all in terms of graphics, ui and hud (it may play amazing though). I feel for union and afl fans because I don't see anything amazing coming from the next batch of games. On the other hand, when Big Ant announced rll1 they stated it was a 5 game contract, so I can only imagine where that series will finish seeing we haven't got 3.
(08-03-2015, 05:05 PM)theaxe1606 Wrote: [ -> ]Rc3 is an exact copy of rc2, all tech taken from Sidhe and given to WW by tru blu (as owners of said tech). From the screenshots released WW have done very little to anything at all in terms of graphics, ui and hud (it may play amazing though). I feel for union and afl fans because I don't see anything amazing coming from the next batch of games. On the other hand, when Big Ant announced rll1 they stated it was a 5 game contract, so I can only imagine where that series will finish seeing we haven't got 3.

But might I just ask that if it is a direct copy of the sidhe version, how is Wicked Witch able to develop it on their game engine without changing much on it. It means they have updated their game engine even then... Have Wicked Witch made another game previous to Rugby Challenge 3 on next gen level game engine. No. This should give a hint onto how AFL Live 3 will possibly be as it is most likely to be a next gen game.

Also, graphically Rugby League Live 1 had crap graphics and wasn't up to scratch to a good PS3 standard game, but was still tolerable. AFL Live 2 to me is the same (not bad graphically, gameplay wasn't up to scratch but still tolerable) as it was the first AFL game developed by Wicked Witch on PS3 and XBOX360. Now given AFL Live 3 (if being developed, won't believe it until more information is released) is the second AFL Live game Wicked Witch are working on, it should be along the lines of Rugby League Live 2. If I am wrong, Wicked Witch are not the best choice for the series and AFL Live only then should be given back to Big Ant.
It is my understanding they are using Sidhe's engine. Platform doesn't really matter as BA are still using their original engine from rll1. I hope WW can show the same progress and intent to improve as BA but I don't think RC3 will be a good gauge of that because we won't know what the tech was like when Sidhe finished with it and what additions/improvements WW have made themselves, If it plays considerably different then we will know they've put in a effort (good or bad). I'm happy to give them a free ride on graphics for this 1 as RC2 was a good looking game.
(08-04-2015, 07:41 AM)theaxe1606 Wrote: [ -> ]It is my understanding they are using Sidhe's engine. Platform doesn't really matter as BA are still using their original engine from rll1. I hope WW can show the same progress and intent to improve as BA but I don't think RC3 will be a good gauge of that because we won't know what the tech was like when Sidhe finished with it and what additions/improvements WW have made themselves, If it plays considerably different then we will know they've put in a effort (good or bad). I'm happy to give them a free ride on graphics for this 1 as RC2 was a good looking game.

If AFL Live 3 is being released on next gen consoles then the engine being used by wicked witch will be the same engine as Sidhe's engine. They won't be able to use the previous engine from AFL Live 2 as it was just for that generation consoles. They also won't have another engine to specifically create AFL Live 3. It will be a waste of money for Wicked Witch.

If Big Ant used the same engine from rugby league live 1 to 3 (which doesn't really make sence as it's going to be on next gen - needs a stronger engine). Then comes down to time. Given wicked Witch's first AFL Live game on ps3 and xbox360 (think consoles in general) was AFL Live 2 they can build on it and make a better game. Now that they have taken Rugby Challenge 3 (and if using Sidhe's engine) they can try and do more with AFL Live 3 as their console engine is now Sidhe's engine. If your correct then it can be the only conclusion.

Let's see.
(08-03-2015, 10:35 PM)the_one_1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2015, 05:05 PM)theaxe1606 Wrote: [ -> ]Rc3 is an exact copy of rc2, all tech taken from Sidhe and given to WW by tru blu (as owners of said tech). From the screenshots released WW have done very little to anything at all in terms of graphics, ui and hud (it may play amazing though). I feel for union and afl fans because I don't see anything amazing coming from the next batch of games. On the other hand, when Big Ant announced rll1 they stated it was a 5 game contract, so I can only imagine where that series will finish seeing we haven't got 3.

But might I just ask that if it is a direct copy of the sidhe version, how is Wicked Witch able to develop it on their game engine without changing much on it. It means they have updated their game engine even then... Have Wicked Witch made another game previous to Rugby Challenge 3 on next gen level game engine. No. This should give a hint onto how AFL Live 3 will possibly be as it is most likely to be a next gen game.

Also, graphically Rugby League Live 1 had crap graphics and wasn't up to scratch to a good PS3 standard game, but was still tolerable. AFL Live 2 to me is the same (not bad graphically, gameplay wasn't up to scratch but still tolerable) as it was the first AFL game developed by Wicked Witch on PS3 and XBOX360. Now given AFL Live 3 (if being developed, won't believe it until more information is released) is the second AFL Live game Wicked Witch are working on, it should be along the lines of Rugby League Live 2. If I am wrong, Wicked Witch are not the best choice for the series and AFL Live only then should be given back to Big Ant.

It was their fourth AFL game, and was basically an HD port of their Wii game. Big Ant only made 1 AFL game and still wins by miles as the best AFL game.
Ross said recently in a discussion in the rl section that they have their own engine which has been developed over a very long period of time, I assume starting with spyro etc. And that apart from their sprint car game on ps2, rll was the first sports title to use their engine. When he says developed over time that may mean they ripped it apart and started again for new gen hardware, I don't know.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9