Big Ant Studios

Full Version: Be a Pro Mode - In Depth or Simple?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Would love to do a career where it takes 8 years to reach the NRL and you're just an average player in NSW Cup until someone finally gives you a shot.

I hope that's how it is and not everyone is Jonathan Thurston V.2
the whole storyline thing in MyPlayer is cheesy tbh, i just like the system they have for earning VC, to put towards attributes, animations etc. never played an MLB game, sounds interesting.
Yeah, my player was way better on 360 than Xbox one. Hopefully be a pro is way better in rll3. If the salary you earn in the mode is as important as I think it is, then I think it will be more fun.
(06-15-2015, 07:47 AM)SOR Wrote: [ -> ]Would love to do a career where it takes 8 years to reach the NRL and you're just an average player in NSW Cup until someone finally gives you a shot.

I agree to an extent...maybe not 8 years...i would say maybe between 4-5 years. If you start at age 17 that would mean a crack at the NRL between ages 21-22 which is pretty standard these days. Wouldn't you want to become the next superstar and not just be an average first grader?Probably defeats the whole purpose doesn't it?
Career modes have been hit and miss for mine, and have been a bugging me for years now.

Scripted Careers like NBA2k offer very little re-playability for mine. An usually the events are broken up with what eventually seems like meaningless games waiting for the next "event" where it doesn't matter if your scoring 100 points a game, your still not starting, or you still get called out by teammates that are performing terribly because you missed a screen, or shot.

Just play career modes like DBC or MLB whilst they offer some fun in doing what you want when you want in regards to signing with teams ect, eventually just become a series of game after game with no real variation.

I just wish sometime down the track it may become possible for Random events to become the norm, and where your stats and form dictate what happens in your career.

Rugby League for example, your killing it in the under 20's, but you play for the cowboys, so your behind Thurston till he's injured or retires, this leads to teams like the sharks with Robson offering you contracts to switch sides for walk up start.

Injuries that are random and have meaning. So you broke your leg, or blew out your ACL, maybe you wont ever get back to full pace from then on, Maybe you will.

Maybe another team see's your potential but not as a halfback, as a fullback replacement, do you switch positions?

You miss multiple tackles in a series of matches, your coach calls you in for tackling practice drills, it keeps up, you get dropped to NSW cup to get it right.

The randomness of a career mode adds re-playability. If its the same thing over and over again it very soon becomes boring for mine. And your performances need to count. If your playing brilliantly scoring 2 tries a match and setting up 5 others, then you should be in the running for Origin/Kangaroos, not passed over because its the first year of your career and the script says your not gunna get a shot.
(06-15-2015, 04:29 PM)Midnight Prowler Wrote: [ -> ]Career modes have been hit and miss for mine, and have been a bugging me for years now.

Scripted Careers like NBA2k offer very little re-playability for mine. An usually the events are broken up with what eventually seems like meaningless games waiting for the next "event" where it doesn't matter if your scoring 100 points a game, your still not starting, or you still get called out by teammates that are performing terribly because you missed a screen, or shot.

Just play career modes like DBC or MLB whilst they offer some fun in doing what you want when you want in regards to signing with teams ect, eventually just become a series of game after game with no real variation.

I just wish sometime down the track it may become possible for Random events to become the norm, and where your stats and form dictate what happens in your career.

Rugby League for example, your killing it in the under 20's, but you play for the cowboys, so your behind Thurston till he's injured or retires, this leads to teams like the sharks with Robson offering you contracts to switch sides for walk up start.

Injuries that are random and have meaning. So you broke your leg, or blew out your ACL, maybe you wont ever get back to full pace from then on, Maybe you will.

Maybe another team see's your potential but not as a halfback, as a fullback replacement, do you switch positions?

You miss multiple tackles in a series of matches, your coach calls you in for tackling practice drills, it keeps up, you get dropped to NSW cup to get it right.

The randomness of a career mode adds re-playability. If its the same thing over and over again it very soon becomes boring for mine. And your performances need to count. If your playing brilliantly scoring 2 tries a match and setting up 5 others, then you should be in the running for Origin/Kangaroos, not passed over because its the first year of your career and the script says your not gunna get a shot.

I love this.
(06-15-2015, 01:37 PM)nbugge94 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-15-2015, 07:47 AM)SOR Wrote: [ -> ]Would love to do a career where it takes 8 years to reach the NRL and you're just an average player in NSW Cup until someone finally gives you a shot.

I agree to an extent...maybe not 8 years...i would say maybe between 4-5 years. If you start at age 17 that would mean a crack at the NRL between ages 21-22 which is pretty standard these days. Wouldn't you want to become the next superstar and not just be an average first grader?Probably defeats the whole purpose doesn't it?

Yeah but the fact of the matter is sometimes you try and fail and you just don't have it in you to become a superstar. You can play an NBA game and just be an average NBA starter for the rest of your career and never accomplish anything. Adds to the realism I think.
8 years to make first grade?

That's half your career.
There should be no time constraint. In an ideal world, it is dependant on salary cap, positional strength and performance.
(06-18-2015, 07:57 PM)Steeler Wrote: [ -> ]8 years to make first grade?

That's half your career.

Not really, some players take 8 years to make it to first grade. Josh Mantellato debuted for the Knights at 24-25. If he had been playing since he was 17 that would be 7-8 years.

Not saying it should regularly happen but maybe in a rare occurrence it takes you 8 years to make it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6