Big Ant Studios

Full Version: State Of Origin 2 Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
(06-17-2015, 11:12 PM)HomerHatesYou Wrote: [ -> ]Did Klemmer throw a punch then?

Yep, threw one at Thaiday in the scrum, commentary didn't catch it though, good stuff Klemdog.

Inglis' length of the field effort should've been a try, but on the other side that pass wasn't forward, I'll take the square up.
Man of the match - video referee

The pass to Pearce wasn't forward but the pass before that was
(06-17-2015, 11:20 PM)Grizzly Yeti Wrote: [ -> ]Put Michael Morgan and 6 and Thurston in 7.

Morgan was shit really, same with DCE. QLD really need Cronk back
I would love to see Ben Hunt on the bench. When he was on the bench for Australia last year he came on and changed the game
(06-17-2015, 11:07 PM)roostersule2 Wrote: [ -> ]Farah's not a grub you say SOR?

What is this in reference to? I don't remember anything specific about Farah. Refresh my memory.

---

Anyway, we learned a lot tonight. First of all if you're a Queensland fan you should probably be worried. NSW in game 1 had a brand new halves pairing, 2 new players, 3 of their star players out (Morris, Bird and Gallen) and an underperforming Andrew Fifita and Queensland only managed a one point victory in the last 10 minutes.

Tonight the guys have a little experience together and we're looking at 26-18 (And it should have been 32-18) with Queensland only looking particularly dangerous in the first 20 of the second half. Klemmer starting to show that he's got the guts for Origin whilst Pearce seems to be finally realising his potential a little bit in a blue jumper.

Queensland have a shot at winning this year and shouldn't be underestimated but if if I were a Queensland fan I'd be very worried about 2017 and onwards. DCE is allegedly the future of their halves and he was very poor. He set up a try but made 2 errors that I recall right now and I'm sure there were others. Never looked dangerous with the ball and NSW quickly ended anything he did. If he is the future of QLD then the future is bleak.

NSW? Our future is bright. Morris brothers are at their peak and were fantastic. Jennings was strong, Pearce played very well as did Hodkinson whilst the YOUNG NSW forwards were completely dominant. Only disappointment was Josh Jackson who I feel isn't up for it yet.

(06-17-2015, 11:21 PM)FissionMailed Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2015, 11:12 PM)HomerHatesYou Wrote: [ -> ]Did Klemmer throw a punch then?

Yep, threw one at Thaiday in the scrum, commentary didn't catch it though, good stuff Klemdog.

Inglis' length of the field effort should've been a try, but on the other side that pass wasn't forward, I'll take the square up.

Hit Myles' hand.
(06-17-2015, 11:23 PM)Yuna Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2015, 11:20 PM)Grizzly Yeti Wrote: [ -> ]Put Michael Morgan and 6 and Thurston in 7.

Morgan was shit really, same with DCE. QLD really need Cronk back

Only because he wa on for like 20 minutes and played out of position. He'd link with Thurston I reckon.
Woah woah woah, how should it have been 32-18 SOR.

Also. Morgan didn't play too bad, it just seemed as though he wasn't part of their gameplan. Didn't play in the same role as he first game, he played pretty much as a pure second rower.
(06-17-2015, 11:32 PM)T-BAG SNAG Wrote: [ -> ]Pearce is still garbage and should have cost NSW the game. NSW caught a very lucky break with the Inglis no try decision.

Video ref is destroying the sport.

Ah, it's you again. The guy who told me last time that "Anyone who says Pearce is good knows nothing about football" and then bailed when I dropped the stats.

Pearce played well. Scored a try that was unfairly taken away, dished a try assist, made multiple strong tackles on players much bigger than him and a couple of half breaks against tired Queensland forwards. Wasn't as good as he was in game 1 but he was better than DCE and Hodkinson in my opinion. Want to see him run more in game 3 though.

(06-17-2015, 11:34 PM)Squirbos19 Wrote: [ -> ]Woah woah woah, how should it have been 32-18 SOR.

Also. Morgan didn't play too bad, it just seemed as though he wasn't part of their gameplan. Didn't play in the same role as he first game, he played pretty much as a pure second rower.

Pearce scored a try. The pass wasn't forward and if NSW had lost off of that it would have been the headline in every single newspaper in the state. Sutton is incredibly lucky that NSW managed to pull it off regardless of that blunder.
(06-17-2015, 11:34 PM)Squirbos19 Wrote: [ -> ]he played pretty much as a pure second rower.

I blame DCE for that. DCE ran too sideways tonight and that's not how QLD usually plays
(06-17-2015, 11:28 PM)SOR Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2015, 11:07 PM)roostersule2 Wrote: [ -> ]Farah's not a grub you say SOR?

What is this in reference to? I don't remember anything specific about Farah. Refresh my memory.

---

Anyway, we learned a lot tonight. First of all if you're a Queensland fan you should probably be worried. NSW in game 1 had a brand new halves pairing, 2 new players, 3 of their star players out (Morris, Bird and Gallen) and an underperforming Andrew Fifita and Queensland only managed a one point victory in the last 10 minutes.

Tonight the guys have a little experience together and we're looking at 26-18 (And it should have been 32-18) with Queensland only looking particularly dangerous in the first 20 of the second half. Klemmer starting to show that he's got the guts for Origin whilst Pearce seems to be finally realising his potential a little bit in a blue jumper.

Queensland have a shot at winning this year and shouldn't be underestimated but if if I were a Queensland fan I'd be very worried about 2017 and onwards. DCE is allegedly the future of their halves and he was very poor. He set up a try but made 2 errors that I recall right now and I'm sure there were others. Never looked dangerous with the ball and NSW quickly ended anything he did. If he is the future of QLD then the future is bleak.

NSW? Our future is bright. Morris brothers are at their peak and were fantastic. Jennings was strong, Pearce played very well as did Hodkinson whilst the YOUNG NSW forwards were completely dominant. Only disappointment was Josh Jackson who I feel isn't up for it yet.

(06-17-2015, 11:21 PM)FissionMailed Wrote: [ -> ]

Hit Myles' hand.

The inglis no try was for morgans hand, not myles.

Queensland should be holding the shield right now.
The morris try was rubbish, he clearly lost control of the ball..

SOR seriously, instead of pretending to be a league analyst... why dont you just say "NSW were good"
Simplicity is key sometimes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18