Big Ant Studios

Full Version: State Of Origin 2 Discussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
(06-17-2015, 11:58 PM)T-BAG SNAG Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2015, 11:57 PM)SOR Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2015, 11:53 PM)T-BAG SNAG Wrote: [ -> ]SOR has gone quiet as he's stroking the salami to his Pearce feature wall beside his bed.

Based on this lemons posts i swear he has been annoying forumers for 10 years - originally over at the Sidhe forums.

I'm trying to respond as quick as possible but honestly the "NSW sucks" stuff is pretty hard to take seriously when they just dominated Queensland for a majority of an Origin match.
Be arrogant if they win game 3.

Going to laugh at NSW when QLD take the trophy back in game 3.

It's not arrogance. I even said before that Queensland could very well win game 3. Right now I see NSW and QLD as equal. My main discussion point is that when Slater, Thurston, Cronk and Smith all retire from representative football (Which will be in the next year or two) that Queensland will be screwed. QLD fans keep talking about Morgan, Hunt and DCE but NSW have got Pearce, Reynolds (Adam), Austin and a number of players who COULD be future stars (Jack Bird, Luke Brooks etc)

Game 3 will be a good one and it will be close. 2016 series? I think that's when NSW begins to take Queensland to town.

Quote:Our side was good but not the best ever, NSW were just shit.

No team that is good loses for 8 straight years.

I guess it comes down to opinion but a lot of experts have said that the Queensland side from 2006-2013 was the best ever. Was it? I personally don't know I only started following the sport in 2000 when NSW would kill it most years. A team of Slater, Inglis, Hodges, Lockyer, Thurston, Smith, Cronk and some of the best forwards in the world (At the time) was always going to go on a run like that. At one stage you legitimately had 6 of the best players in the world lining up for Queensland whilst NSW was forced to trot out Anthony Minichello, Trent Barrett, Brett Kimorley and Michael Ennis in a desperate attempt to stop them. Nobody was ever stopping those guys during their primes.
Surely you guys are taking the piss. This has been the best Queensland team ever.

NSW has not been shit the last 10 years

Queensland have Cameron Smith, Jonathon Thurston and Cameron Smith. Three possible future immortals... along with that they've had great players surrounding them like Greg Inglis, Matt Scott, Darren Lockyer and Cooper Cronk.

To say NSW has been shit and QLD have just been a 'good side' shows little knowledge of football and a lot of arrogance. NSW have not been a great side by any means, however some of their teams could beat a different queensland team on their day.
(06-18-2015, 12:04 AM)SOR Wrote: [ -> ]I guess it comes down to opinion but a lot of experts have said that the Queensland side from 2006-2013 was the best ever. Was it? I personally don't know I only started following the sport in 2000 when NSW would kill it most years. A team of Slater, Inglis, Hodges, Lockyer, Thurston, Smith, Cronk and some of the best forwards in the world (At the time) was always going to go on a run like that. At one stage you legitimately had 6 of the best players in the world lining up for Queensland whilst NSW was forced to trot out Anthony Minichello, Trent Barrett, Brett Kimorley and Michael Ennis in a desperate attempt to stop them. Nobody was ever stopping those guys during their primes.

2009 - 2010 was the best team ever mate

At one stage, this was their team

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Falou
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civonceiva
11. Harrison
12. Thaiday
13. Johnson

14. Hunt
15. Myles
16. Hannant
17. Crocker

The players 1 - 10 were pretty much best in the world at that time and were automatic selections in the Kangaroos jersey lol

There was an article at the time about how that was the most expensive in Origin history

QLD won 2009 series 2-1 after wrapping up the series in Game 2 and NSW were never close to winning either games besides Game 3

QLD won in 2010 3-0
(06-18-2015, 12:12 AM)HKBrowny Wrote: [ -> ]Queensland have Cameron Smith, Jonathon Thurston and Cameron Smith. Three possible future immortals...

I agree he does have 2 heads :p
(06-18-2015, 12:18 AM)FissionMailed Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2015, 12:12 AM)HKBrowny Wrote: [ -> ]Queensland have Cameron Smith, Jonathon Thurston and Cameron Smith. Three possible future immortals...

I agree he does have 2 heads :p

Meant to add Slater :p haha
SOR I don't necessarily disagree in relation to when a lot of our great players retire QLD could be in some trouble but there is always going to be amazing young talent come through, as you said with NSW they could be future stars. EG. Smith - Friend or segeyaro Cronk - Hunt or everyone's favorite DCE Thurston - Milford Slater - Gagai or Holmes. It's the same with NSW, alot of your young talent bar Woods, Dugan and Clemmer haven't in my opinion stood up. Summing up all I'm trying to say is that it might be a bit early to call NSW dominance but hey that's just my opinion haha
I think nsw 99 00 team were better
(06-18-2015, 12:17 AM)Yuna Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2015, 12:04 AM)SOR Wrote: [ -> ]I guess it comes down to opinion but a lot of experts have said that the Queensland side from 2006-2013 was the best ever. Was it? I personally don't know I only started following the sport in 2000 when NSW would kill it most years. A team of Slater, Inglis, Hodges, Lockyer, Thurston, Smith, Cronk and some of the best forwards in the world (At the time) was always going to go on a run like that. At one stage you legitimately had 6 of the best players in the world lining up for Queensland whilst NSW was forced to trot out Anthony Minichello, Trent Barrett, Brett Kimorley and Michael Ennis in a desperate attempt to stop them. Nobody was ever stopping those guys during their primes.

2009 - 2010 was the best team ever mate

At one stage, this was their team

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Falou
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civonceiva
11. Harrison
12. Thaiday
13. Johnson

14. Hunt
15. Myles
16. Hannant
17. Crocker

The players 1 - 10 were pretty much best in the world at that time and were automatic selections in the Kangaroos jersey lol

There was an article at the time about how that was the most expensive in Origin history

QLD won 2009 series 2-1 after wrapping up the series in Game 2 and NSW were never close to winning either games besides Game 3

QLD won in 2010 3-0

Yeah, you're not beating that team no matter how good you are. NSW developed a couple of players who you could rate as "World Class" but the likes of Hayne and the Morris Brothers aren't going to be able to stop Queensland's 1-10.
(06-18-2015, 12:24 AM)jacktigers Wrote: [ -> ]I think nsw 99 00 team were better

How so? That team didn't have 10 automatic selected australian players including 5 future immortals

Slater, Inglis, Lockyer, Thurston, and Smith
(06-18-2015, 12:27 AM)roostersule2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2015, 12:04 AM)SOR Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2015, 11:58 PM)T-BAG SNAG Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2015, 11:57 PM)SOR Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2015, 11:53 PM)T-BAG SNAG Wrote: [ -> ]SOR has gone quiet as he's stroking the salami to his Pearce feature wall beside his bed.

Based on this lemons posts i swear he has been annoying forumers for 10 years - originally over at the Sidhe forums.

I'm trying to respond as quick as possible but honestly the "NSW sucks" stuff is pretty hard to take seriously when they just dominated Queensland for a majority of an Origin match.
Be arrogant if they win game 3.

Going to laugh at NSW when QLD take the trophy back in game 3.

It's not arrogance. I even said before that Queensland could very well win game 3. Right now I see NSW and QLD as equal. My main discussion point is that when Slater, Thurston, Cronk and Smith all retire from representative football (Which will be in the next year or two) that Queensland will be screwed. QLD fans keep talking about Morgan, Hunt and DCE but NSW have got Pearce, Reynolds (Adam), Austin and a number of players who COULD be future stars (Jack Bird, Luke Brooks etc)

Game 3 will be a good one and it will be close. 2016 series? I think that's when NSW begins to take Queensland to town.

Quote:Our side was good but not the best ever, NSW were just shit.

No team that is good loses for 8 straight years.

I guess it comes down to opinion but a lot of experts have said that the Queensland side from 2006-2013 was the best ever. Was it? I personally don't know I only started following the sport in 2000 when NSW would kill it most years. A team of Slater, Inglis, Hodges, Lockyer, Thurston, Smith, Cronk and some of the best forwards in the world (At the time) was always going to go on a run like that. At one stage you legitimately had 6 of the best players in the world lining up for Queensland whilst NSW was forced to trot out Anthony Minichello, Trent Barrett, Brett Kimorley and Michael Ennis in a desperate attempt to stop them. Nobody was ever stopping those guys during their primes.
I think the QLD sides of the 80's would give them a run for their money.

And what you said about NSW trotting out old players is my point, they were terrible and tried to use successful blues of the past to stop them. There were some seriously average footballers playing for NSW at times Justin Poore, Peter Wallace etc.

Sure we had a few "wtf" selections (I remember a year that a well past it Anthony Minichello was selected) but this is a team that also featured World Class players like Hayne, The Morris Brothers, Jennings and other Australian national team players like Bird, Gallen and others.

Queensland were just too strong though. I'd put that QLD side against any team in history and they'd probably win. 5 of the best players in the world in your starting line up with another one sitting on the bench just in case.

(06-18-2015, 12:27 AM)Yuna Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2015, 12:24 AM)jacktigers Wrote: [ -> ]I think nsw 99 00 team were better

How so? That team didn't have 10 automatic selected australian players including 5 future immortals

Slater, Inglis, Lockyer, Thurston, and Smith

Had a look at the 2011 ANZAC Test squad and it looks like this:

1. Billy Slater (QLD)

2. Brett Morris (NSW)

3. Greg Inglis (QLD)

4. Justin Hodges (QLD)

5. Jharal Yow Yeah (QLD)

6. Darren Lockyer © (QLD)

7. Jonathan Thurston (QLD)

8. Petero Civonceiva (QLD)

9. Cameron Smith (QLD)

10. Matthew Scott (QLD)