Big Ant Studios

Full Version: AMA, I'm HES_Keith
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-27-2015, 05:30 PM)Yuna Wrote: [ -> ]While you're here Ross, whats the salary range offered for the programmers that is currently advertised from your webpage??

It all depends on experience, it's not something I talk about publicly as we are in a competitive industry and these sorts of discussions end up with our competitors.
(06-27-2015, 05:29 PM)Stormer! Wrote: [ -> ]You really have something against 'kids' don't you Ross. Tongue

Edit: Ahh I see, this will no longer bug me, day made easier Big Grin.

Yeah, that's fair enough - You know I mean a certain type of "kid", the ones FaceBook is famous for.
(06-27-2015, 05:36 PM)Ross Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2015, 05:30 PM)Yuna Wrote: [ -> ]While you're here Ross, whats the salary range offered for the programmers that is currently advertised from your webpage??

It all depends on experience, it's not something I talk about publicly as we are in a competitive industry and these sorts of discussions end up with our competitors.

o.0, I would've thought at this climate there would be more supplies than demands for game programmers where employers can offer a low salary and still have 1000 applicants fighting for it.
(06-27-2015, 05:14 PM)Yuna Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2015, 05:12 PM)TheOdd1Out Wrote: [ -> ]the breaker of games has been broken. quite sad to see really. i must have missed something because i dont see any arguements/drama?

All post have been deleted

makes sense lol must've been pretty dramatic, seeing as keith is no longer with us
(06-27-2015, 05:40 PM)Yuna Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2015, 05:36 PM)Ross Wrote: [ -> ]

o.0, I would've thought at this climate there would be more supplies than demands for game programmers where employers can offer a low salary and still have 1000 applicants fighting for it.

Programing for games is the hardest programming you could ever face, it's always hard to find good people and while we do tend to keep people for a long time when we get them I still don't ever want to give the competition an easier task in recruitment.
(06-27-2015, 05:42 PM)TheOdd1Out Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2015, 05:14 PM)Yuna Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2015, 05:12 PM)TheOdd1Out Wrote: [ -> ]the breaker of games has been broken. quite sad to see really. i must have missed something because i dont see any arguements/drama?

All post have been deleted

makes sense lol must've been pretty dramatic, seeing as keith is no longer with us

It really wasn't a big deal. I saw his post and decided I'd put up with enough of his BS so banned him - it wasn't something that required a lot of thought.

He'd been clearly warned and should have known better.
(06-27-2015, 04:59 PM)Ross Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2015, 04:04 PM)Hammer Wrote: [ -> ]Well I hope RLL3 is an absolute gem, because reading between the lines, I would guess that if there is to be a 4th, it will not be done by Big Ant.......given the constant hick hack between the 2 companies. Ross must feel a bit like Geoff Toovey at times....I hope I am wrong, because Big Ant really "get it". If only they had the freedom to do the whole game autonomously like DBC.

There's always friction between publishers and developers, it's the nature of the beast. Up until now though we've always resolved things amicably and behind closed doors, presenting a unified front - that's how it should be done.

Keith Banned.......ROSS!!!!!! How do you give rep points on this forum. Honestly this scrawny geek has been on the scene for 5 minutes and demonstrated little respect for what you guys are trying to do. Personally I never cared what he had to say on here given his distinct lack of knowledge on anything relevant to the sport. We might as well be discussing basketball. Keith..... the nephew of Dave Smith??
Keith some respect for your elders and someone who has been around for a long time....you started all this garbage, not to mention....THIS IS BIG ANT"S FORUM!!!! Back to facebook with the rest of your kind....
I personally love that Ross stands up for himself and is NOT subservient to the publisher. No nonsense, direct and to the point. You would make an honorary German.
hey ross, can you tell us whether or not BigAnt will developing Rugby League games beyond Rugby League Live 3?
Seriously I go out for a couple of hours and.....
(06-27-2015, 05:51 PM)TheOdd1Out Wrote: [ -> ]hey ross, can you tell us whether or not BigAnt will developing Rugby League games beyond Rugby League Live 3?

Keith will have little to no bearing on anything that Big Ant do.

Outside of Tru Blu the chances of him surviving long term in this industry are incredibly limited.