Big Ant Studios

Full Version: AMA, I'm HES_Keith
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-25-2015, 07:18 PM)davies11 Wrote: [ -> ]Tell me more of this insider info, any trader secrets? Tongue

I really don't remember the details. It was a few years ago now. RLL2 was awaiting PS3 and Xbox compatibility approval at the time.

(06-25-2015, 07:18 PM)davies11 Wrote: [ -> ]I think it was 100 000 but as I say that it seems ludicrous and unfair, i wonder now that ps4 promotes Indies whether there policy has changed to a case by case basis given ea wouldn't sweat it but tru blu definitely would feel it and Indies couldn't possibly afford at all

Its meant to be ludicrous. Its a deterrent.
(06-25-2015, 06:55 PM)the_one_1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2015, 06:50 PM)Yuna Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2015, 06:17 PM)the_one_1 Wrote: [ -> ]WRONG!!!

People without internet can't download patches. End of story. Many people don't like the internet on video game consoles like me. Hence we don't connect it to the internet, meaning NO PATCHES OR DOWNLOADS!

Patches require internet connection to download they don't happen to all users even without internet.

So... WRONG!

Which makes you the minority

Like I said, GTA 5 sold 1million copies on the first day for PC and people got by downloading an extra 7gb.

I doubt bigant will lose sleep because they can't accommodate someone like you who just doesn't like going on the internet for whatever reasons.

GTA ON PC!!!

Everyone has the internet on PC. Of cause the patch will be downloaded if on PC

Even me, how am I posting here
Your stupidity is kinda rubbing on this forums, please cut it out, would love it, thaaanks. Smile

(06-25-2015, 07:11 PM)Yuna Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2015, 06:58 PM)the_one_1 Wrote: [ -> ]But games still need to be usable to offline users. Otherwise people won't buy it who don't have the internet.

Yeh, thats the consumers lost more than the developers.

GTA 5 PC requires internet connection to play the game (unless u have a workaround like me Wink), did rockstar gave 2 shits to people that didn't have internet? Nope

Thanks for the negative rep the_one_1

Much appreciated

Got your back, brother Angel
Of course they don't. That's why there are no croquet computer games (hopefully).
(06-25-2015, 07:27 PM)Steeler Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2015, 07:18 PM)davies11 Wrote: [ -> ]Tell me more of this insider info, any trader secrets? Tongue

I really don't remember the details. It was a few years ago now. RLL2 was awaiting PS3 and Xbox compatibility approval at the time.

(06-25-2015, 07:18 PM)davies11 Wrote: [ -> ]I think it was 100 000 but as I say that it seems ludicrous and unfair, i wonder now that ps4 promotes Indies whether there policy has changed to a case by case basis given ea wouldn't sweat it but tru blu definitely would feel it and Indies couldn't possibly afford at all

Its meant to be ludicrous. Its a deterrent.

No ludicrous in the sense that it is not proportionate to the publisher/developer making the patches, meaning it could potentially be a less effective deterrent to ea and ubisoft etc, in the past, significant offenders but I digress Its simply an opinion I don't oppose the fee in itself

(06-25-2015, 07:42 PM)Steeler Wrote: [ -> ]Of course they don't. That's why there are no croquet computer games (hopefully).

Dammit
(06-25-2015, 07:42 PM)Steeler Wrote: [ -> ]Of course they don't. That's why there are no croquet computer games (hopefully).

Someone flash the Ross signal, i have a game to pitch.
(06-25-2015, 07:48 PM)FissionMailed Wrote: [ -> ]

Someone flash the Ross signal, i have a game to pitch.

Hahaha kickstarter and I'll pitch in Tongue
There is a game for everything. I've played Real Estate video games before.
Ive had my eye on the mechanic sim on steam, i don't know why but I have
I don't want to live in a world that has games based on real estate.

And now that I say that I realise that Monopoly is a game based on real estate.
How about those farming sims?

I'm kind of intrigued by the real estate game to be honest lol