Big Ant Studios

Full Version: What Be A Pro Position will you be? also what team for?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Start with the Northern Pride or cowboys under 20's. Positioned at Hooker/lock.

Play for QLD, Aus and Allstars
I'd love to play at 5/8 and just focus on setting up tries and organizing the defense. Maybe a try every two or three games, sure, but I just want to play the perfect pass to send my teammate through the line.
Edit: Storm U20s or East Suburb Tigers
(04-26-2015, 12:42 PM)brucie Wrote: [ -> ]not sure if this has been mentioned but each week players should have a goal for the game, eg, need to make 15 tackles, score 1 try, break 3 tackles.

In-match 'challenges' and 'goals' would be an excellent way of fleshing out the mode and keep it engaging
Worst part about some of FIFA's challenges is that you're some rookie and they're asking you to score four goals in one match. That's not even a realistic target for a guy like Messi let alone Joe Williams the U-20's striker for Manchester United.

I'd like to see realistic goals. For example, if you're the U-20's fullback your goal should perhaps be 100+ run metres. If you're on the wing maybe a try should result in a bonus. Props should need to make 10 runs for 75+ metres etc etc.

I will cringe if you're a 19 year old running onto Allianz Stadium for the first time with the goal of "Score 5 tries, win man of the match, kick the winning goal and complete 76 tackles"
I will Play as a halfback for the Bulldogs, spend 2015 mostly in the holden cup trying to get a few games here snd there in the NSW cup. Try and get promoted full time to NSW cup squad in 2016 then try to take hodkos position and feed the morris twins for try after try. Then if I'm good enough to make it NRL All starts, NSW and Australia. so excited for this game and more than anything this mode.
Fullback, Five-eighth, Centre
Penrith Panthers
QLD
Australia
NRL All Stars
Burleigh Bears
Yeah goals that relate to running metres and tackles, additionally no errors, missed tackles etc, the goals would theoretically increase accordingly as the career progresses
I'm still interested to know when getting offers from other clubs in be a pro mode, what factors will assist your decision in which club you go to. Whether the amount of money they offer you has any benefit toward your pro or your pros development. Or whether it's just comes down to a club you like. Would be good if there was strategy involved in your choice. For example, I go for the cowboys. If two clubs offered me deals, one club was the cowboys and the other manly and manly offers more money. Will money even benefit my player if I choose manly. Because I wouldn't choose them if money meant nothing in the game. Or are the contract offers more in depth, like the clubs listing different garauntees and so on. Maybe cowboys offer me 200k and a garaunteed starting position and quick development and manly offer me 350k a bench rotation spot and moderate development speed. Maybe the more money you get the more confidents and consistency your player gets. Something like this adds realism and strategy by not just picking your favourite team and being a one club player.

I know this is a lot and confusing to read and sounds a bit like something that should be on the wish list thread but yeah. I'm interested.
I'm curious about how that will work also. I would like money to play a big role in which clubs you decide to go to and I have a couple of opinions on how it should work.

- Since we can't actually have the money do anything we should have certain written lifestyles in our player profile. For example, when you start out and you're making 150 a week playing Holden Cup maybe your lifestyle rating is "Sleeping in your car" implying that you're so poor that you're homeless. As you get the call to NSW Cup maybe you move up a little to "Struggling Footballer" where you're sharing a studio apartment with another dude and spending most nights sleeping on the floor. Eventually you move up the ranks and when you're a star you can have the lifestyle rating of "High Roller". This is where you're a million dollar player making huge money with a mansion and a model girlfriend. This wouldn't actually do anything but it'd make me and other players more obligated to chase the money rather than just stick with the one club forever.

- Alternatively you could have money result in EXP. What I mean by that is maybe instead of EXP points you earn in a game you use money to boost your stats. When you get into the 80-85 overall maybe it costs 10,000 dollars to raise a skill level a little. This encourages players to chase the money to improve themselves.
(04-28-2015, 10:40 PM)SOR Wrote: [ -> ]I'm curious about how that will work also. I would like money to play a big role in which clubs you decide to go to and I have a couple of opinions on how it should work.

- Since we can't actually have the money do anything we should have certain written lifestyles in our player profile. For example, when you start out and you're making 150 a week playing Holden Cup maybe your lifestyle rating is "Sleeping in your car" implying that you're so poor that you're homeless. As you get the call to NSW Cup maybe you move up a little to "Struggling Footballer" where you're sharing a studio apartment with another dude and spending most nights sleeping on the floor. Eventually you move up the ranks and when you're a star you can have the lifestyle rating of "High Roller". This is where you're a million dollar player making huge money with a mansion and a model girlfriend. This wouldn't actually do anything but it'd make me and other players more obligated to chase the money rather than just stick with the one club forever.

- Alternatively you could have money result in EXP. What I mean by that is maybe instead of EXP points you earn in a game you use money to boost your stats. When you get into the 80-85 overall maybe it costs 10,000 dollars to raise a skill level a little. This encourages players to chase the money to improve themselves.
Yeah, I like that idea of money boosting your stats. That would then encourage players to chase the money to develope as a player. It also reminds me of how nba 2k uses vc in order to boost your stats. Glad I'm not the only one curious about this. I'm a big fan of realism as you can tell.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13