Big Ant Studios

Full Version: Features you like from past League games you would like to see in a RLL3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Features you like from past League games you would like to see in a RLL3.
I really like RLL2 but think a RLL3 could benefit from these older features.

1. Break out of engaged tackles (RL, RL2, RL3, RLL1) gives a sense of excitement , in that gives a chance to get out of tackles even when engaged.
2. More multiple man tackles 2-4. This still has not been replicated and this would work in conjunction with #1 feature above. There are to many single player tackles in RLL2, it should take 2 to 4 players to bring down a big forward , particularly head on and not chasing from behind. The first tackle should slow progress enough to allow to switch into other defenders and come and help in the tackle. Actually as bad as the animation were in original RL , they had this feature, up to 4 could help in a tackle. And sometimes, although rare the offense player could still break out,(this gave a sense of the unknown which brought excitement to each tackle). On offense you had to decide to either continue to try to break out of tackle, go down quickly to move the ball quickly, or offload. On defense you had to decide to either continue to try to bring down tackler or switch into another defender and come and help out, sometimes more then once, up to 3 to 4 tacklers.(RL and RL2 had this except RL2 was only up to 3 tacklers were RL it could be up to 4.)
3. More free flowing Kicks, RLL kicks were actually fairly free flowing it seemed like anything could happen.
4. manual, single player tackle options in desperation to manually try to rip the ball away on 1 on 1 strips. (should be very rare) RL2 had this.
5. Play or tactic calling on the fly (RL3 had this). Really added another cerebral element to the game play.

RLL2 has made some huge improvements, but I think it could still benefit from some older Rugby League gaming features found here.

Cheers and Salud
I think that there is value in the past and utilising tried and tested gaming mechanics for the betterment of the game but I am conflicted, I really want to see a new title take risks, create new types of gameplay, presentation, creation sharing, even new ui (rll2 the best yet though) I want nothing more than a new title that establishes itself as a true sequel across the board through graphics, gameplay, presentation, new modes etc there is a inherent risk involved though and I may one day eat my words, longing for a better looking RLL2 with tweaks
(09-16-2014, 10:08 PM)davies11 Wrote: [ -> ]I think that there is value in the past and utilising tried and tested gaming mechanics for the betterment of the game but I am conflicted, I really want to see a new title take risks, create new types of gameplay, presentation, creation sharing, even new ui (rll2 the best yet though) I want nothing more than a new title that establishes itself as a true sequel across the board through graphics, gameplay, presentation, new modes etc there is a inherent risk involved though and I may one day eat my words, longing for a better looking RLL2 with tweaks

But you also have to look at why some people continue to play past games as well.
Struggle tackles and break out of tackles and tactics are some great features from past League games. Again RLL2, has some awesome new ground breaking features, but it could still benefit from some absent past features. Love this game, just want to add my 4 centsSmile on how it could be improved.

Cheers and Salud
I agree in general,

1. Break tackles would be a welcome return (this would work well as a perk/trait seeing certain players being more likely to fight for extra metres and to push to get over the line

2.rather than just reintroducing. I'd like to see this expanded, having manual control over how many defenders commit to a tackle, this would relate to the above point, players with tackle break ability generally drawing more defenders, ultimately improving the impact piggies have on the game in the middle, being a forward my self this would massively improve my enjoyment being able to have good arm wrestles in the middle

3. Generally unhappy with past and present kicking gameplay, just my humble opinion, admittedly I have no easy solutions that would improve this area of the game but want to see it

4.If balanced I welcome it, weary that it could create exploits/annoyances

5. Yes! And expanding it would also be welcomed

The above is personal opinion/thoughts only, I by no means suggest to be an expert :-)
(09-21-2014, 05:52 PM)davies11 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree in general,

1. Break tackles would be a welcome return (this would work well as a perk/trait seeing certain players being more likely to fight for extra metres and to push to get over the line

2.rather than just reintroducing. I'd like to see this expanded, having manual control over how many defenders commit to a tackle, this would relate to the above point, players with tackle break ability generally drawing more defenders, ultimately improving the impact piggies have on the game in the middle, being a forward my self this would massively improve my enjoyment being able to have good arm wrestles in the middle

3. Generally unhappy with past and present kicking gameplay, just my humble opinion, admittedly I have no easy solutions that would improve this area of the game but want to see it

4.If balanced I welcome it, weary that it could create exploits/annoyances

5. Yes! And expanding it would also be welcomed

The above is personal opinion/thoughts only, I by no means suggest to be an expert :-)

Agree 100%. The main problem in the way it was introduced in past games RL ,RL2, is that although the struggle tackle was there it had a tendency to be a little to static, struggle tackles should be static but to many times it would completely halt the player like super glue, it must be extremely difficult to replicate this in game format, but the main point being there should be a need for more players to get involved in most tackles particularly as you say to stop a big forward, would be great if the size of the player tackling also made a difference in a struggle tackle, ankle taps from behind are usually more of a back specialtySmile.

As for kicking, my favorite kicking was RLL, add that style with the RLL2 ability to do taps, I think it would be a fairly good system. Although a new system would be welcomed. Grubbers/Cross field kicks determinately need some modifications. A kick should be fairly easy to initiate, the retrieving part is were you need to be perfect in order to succeed, there should be many errors and dropped balls with kicking plays.

Cheers and Salud
ET"s Rugby League had plays from scrums which would be great to bring back!
Can't argue with that... although more discretely implemented. Smile