Big Ant Studios

Full Version: F*!# EA Sports!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just browsing through PSN and found Tiger Woods 14 for $14. My first reaction was "wow, I haven't had a TW's game for a few years, might be worth grabbing".

So I click on it and see there's 18 add ons available. 14 being golf courses @ $7 each or $60 for all of them. And then the thing that really set me off.

$148 for an unspecified, but apparently "colossal" amount of coins to use in game.

I know everyone does this but, EA drive me insane. The game still has 20 courses out of the box so it may be worth the $14 (I know it's a great price) but, I almost don't want to give EA the satisfaction of another sale.

I didn't buy NFS MW for the same reason.

In the end (it doesn't even matter) I'm just 1 out of millions who have already bought the game, and at that price they probably don't care.

Damn it!!!
America's Worst Company two years running.
Welcome to the future of gaming.
While I hate it I do buy dlc but, EA, Codemasters and THQ (RIP) have been the worst for me personally.

Unfortunately patients is a lost virtue, for me included, but most games will eventually be released as a GOTY edition with dlc included, you just need to wait. Or just stop buying them, they will get the idea.

Of course I will always buy Big Ant's dlc.
(01-19-2014, 07:50 PM)Radman Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the future of gaming.

I think it may become more and more the future of gaming over the medium term. Sooner of later though, many gamers are just going to get sick of it.

To make it worthwhile, the advancements just aren't great enough per console generation, drm and dlc are becoming more and more heavy and forced, games are shipping more and more buggily, games are taking up more time to actually play with loading etc seemingly getting worse on some titles rather than better, games require huge installs and of course, you don't actually feel you own titles anymore.

It never used to be quite like this. Sure it was Sega through to PS2 era, but it was a good time for gamers. You used to buy a game, you'd actually feel like you owned it, more often than not it'd load pretty quickly, things didn't crash as much, games shipped with less bugs (yes they had bugs, but you could generally count on the game being stable most of the time) and there weren't lengthy installs etc.

I know there are good things about this generation and the one coming through, but it really feels like it's all about nickel and diming people after purchase and basically making everything digital/cloud on increasingly crashy consoles, so you can enjoy re-downloading 380gb's of everything, or just feeling like a corporation is owning all your content in cyberspace. Great times.
I think Bethsda are the best. I mean the Elder Scrolls Series has been great. Then you look at there latest game, Dishonored. Elder Scrolls Online is looking good.
I'd agree with you for the most part on Bethesda, although they did bungle Skyrim on the PS3, they appear to have learned from that very well covered situation.

Elder Scrolls Online does look a little expensive for online players who intend to play on for a long time though.
[/quote]just feeling like a corporation is owning all your content in cyberspace. Great times.
[/quote]

On that note, I'm a member or PS+ but I refuse to use the online save feature. If it's my game, I'll save it on my console.
Thankfully I purchased on Xbox 360 and PC. I did hear that PS3 had a few problems but the was fixed but the 5th patch wasn't it? That was like a month after initial release.
(01-23-2014, 07:49 AM)kerryr Wrote: [ -> ]Thankfully I purchased on Xbox 360 and PC. I did hear that PS3 had a few problems but the was fixed but the 5th patch wasn't it? That was like a month after initial release.

Not really, they fixed a few things as they went along with their patches, but a lot of users had big trouble running the game and crashes. The extent of trouble meant a huge delay in the release of the Dawnguard, Hearthfire & Dragonborn DLC packs for PS3, releasing many months after PC and Xbox 360.

I still think they are a great game studio though.
Pages: 1 2