Big Ant Studios

Full Version: AFL Live 2 - positives/negatives/experiences
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Positives - career mode
- Inclusion of VFL/TAC teams
- extra stadiums

Negatives - kicking animations look like Rugby/Gaelic
- ruck animations unrealistic
- bounce of the ball unrealistic
- man on mark too close to kicker (kick outs as well)
- free kicks referred to as penalties
- players diving off sideways when going for simple chest marks
- clock starts running before ball is kicked out from a behind
- 7 point play when you give a free away for a deliberate rushed behind and kick the goal
- leaderboard freezing
- ridiculous player trades in career mode

I'm out of breath for now!
I'm just waiting to see if Big Ant can work a deal with Tru Blu or go with another publisher, or even self publish another Football game.

AFL Live 2 has stagnated Football games again, when Big Ant was pulling it out of the ground.

Ross, if you're reading, any chance of future talks with publishers to make another Footy game?
I read everything Smile

I can't say right now anything other than I am fanatical about football and we still work with clubs doing game analysis for them - if an opportunity arose we would take it.
(09-11-2013, 08:53 AM)Ross Wrote: [ -> ]I read everything Smile

I can't say right now anything other than I am fanatical about football and we still work with clubs doing game analysis for them - if an opportunity arose we would take it.

I hope Tru Blu realise for any future editions, that having a developer who's fanatcial about the sport as fans are is extremely important to bringing forth quality, as it seems we're all about to find out with Don Bradman's Cricket 14.

I'm no AFL fan, but I hope for the sake of AFL fans that Tru Blu take the feedback that's coming in and return development for any third title to Big Ant.
Same, I'm not a big AFL fan but I was going to buy Big Ant's next one... then some other group got it Sad (Looked at the case and couldn't even see a logo or mention of who did it... that's a great sign isn't it).

Anyway.. RLL2 and DBC 14 should show certain licence holders that Passion, Attention to Detail and Professionalism = Big Ant. They should be doing all Australian/NZ Sports Smile.
(09-11-2013, 11:54 AM)RuckNHell Wrote: [ -> ]Same, I'm not a big AFL fan but I was going to buy Big Ant's next one... then some other group got it Sad (Looked at the case and couldn't even see a logo or mention of who did it... that's a great sign isn't it).

Anyway.. RLL2 and DBC 14 should show certain licence holders that Passion, Attention to Detail and Professionalism = Big Ant. They should be doing all Australian/NZ Sports Smile.

Yep, I'm a kiwi and feel the same. To be bluntly honest, I feel that in my opinion, Sidhe have for a long time found that fitting their games to their general customers visions has been an annoyance. Their own "vision holder's" and their teams' general ideas seem to fly in the face of common sense at times. There's a slider for everything in their games and that seems to largely be because they can't seem to balance a game properly at all.

So, if an Australian developer like Big Ant stepped in and took rugby union? As much as I would hate to see work go overseas, the work has to be done right and right now it ain't.

So, overall now it seems that poor old AFL fans are feeling the pain that Rugby Unions fans have been having to suffer in the last few months and years with another developer.

Maybe there is no developer listed on the pack because Tru Blu are trying to set up their own dev studio to save on costs and lack of control from out-sourcing development of licenses? I honestly don't know why that is.
I just played it for 10 minutes on the PS3 and I'm not a fan.

Negatives
1- the font size is practically 0. I had to go right to my screen and still couldn't see anything. Is there a way to fix that at all or will I need a microscope?
2- the controls are completely opposite to that of the previous version which I'm finding annoying. Everytime I went to evade I'd be kicking to some random area. The new setup for goal kicks is difficult as is the marking controls.
3- auto interchange, like the previous edition, makes bizarre position changes. It took Kruez out of the ruck and swapped him with little Dennis Armfield. Like that makes logical sense
4- I'm getting déjà vu. I feel like this edition has gone back to the 2007 Premiership edition, which I found dry and artificial, as well as the worst version to date.

Positives
1- career mode looks to be the most interesting facet of the game and if it's anything like the rugby league games then it should be rather enjoyable.
2 tribunal and suspensions are back. Hopefully it won't be like 2007 where most of the players get reported in the one match.
3- updated team lists and introduction of the other leagues. About time this was produced. I reckon that it will allow for less restrictions as I often got bored just playing one league in the last editions.

Overall I think there could've been a lot more imagination and effort put into this game as far as the display and functionality. I don't understand how the most played sport in the country can't be developed into a video game of which it deserves. I'm not sure of the logistics of game development, but I get the feeling that none of the makers put enough effort into the game.
You'd think that the AFL would ashamed to have a game of this poor quality representing the leagues image.

Hopefully the next edition, if there is one, will be more user friendly and adaptive. I'd be hoping for a hybrid of the 2012 game as far as the controls and interface, with the latest editions career mode and the introduction of new teams and leagues.
Both experiences are important for any one. These experiences teach the lesson to the the men.
It tells us about positive and negative experience.
I heard that a new AFL game was coming out, does anybody know when?
Pages: 1 2